Sunday, April 15, 2012

Earring (Saturn) box and more

An earring box for Ali. Putting together a piece from multiple parts is time consuming but it's an enjoyable challenge to try and get the proportions right. The cherry was from a log in the woods behind our house which had been felled a number of years ago and there was only a little of solid timber to get out of it. Thanks to Gary Wall for his gift of some ebony blanks.

The second and third pieces each have a band of antiqued foil which is a new technique I'm working on.

The last two pieces have rims painted with iridescent paints.


Earring box in cherry and ebony
3 1/2" x 9"
Cherry bowl 7" x 4"

Sycamore platter 10" x 2"


Beech bowl 8" x 3"


Sycamore platter 15" x 2"




2 comments:

Stormi Lowe said...

Billy ~ Love love love the little earring holder you made for Ali ~ so feminine and fits her perfectly.

And thank you again for my beautiful bowl ~ taking it to work with me tomorrow for all my little clippies I'm constantly searching for. Now you have given me a place to keep them all organized without digging thru the drawer. Thank you again so much!!!
Sending love and hugs ~ thanks too for sharing Toni this week. We needed the break so much and appreciate everything she has done to help.

Stormi Lowe said...

Comment above is from Stormi ~ I forgot to sign it.

Love you!!